Freediver Malta offers a 2 day course in spearfishing. Spearfishing in Malta is a growing sport, although one does not need a license to own a speargun, there are still laws governing the sport.
During the course you will learn about:
- Breath holding
- Safety while spearfishing including gun handling
- Different species of fish in Malta and fish behavior
- Best use of equipment
- Learn different types of spearfishing techniques
- Relaxing, posture and shooting stance
- Right places for spearfishing according to temperature, underwater signs and weather.
The course will be held in different locations around the Maltese Islands. You may also choose to do the entire course while living on a sailing boat !